Thursday, November 11, 2010

My answer to my Lover



Once you've asked me what was love? To be honest, that question got me off guard - I wasn't expecting it, especially because I always keep love in my heart.

To tell you what I think love is - to me, is like the many levels of fire! You can love always, everyone, without ever asking for anything in return. It is in this kind of love that I find the part of God that live within me, for that I know that I also live within Him.

And then there is that kind of love that runs deeper, comes from my soul that goes to my family - anyone who knows me well, knows that family to me is my Mother. And I'll tell you that this love is not recent, it comes many lives before - I know it! It is as if a soul recognized another, I see the warrior that lives inside and the spirit of the Great Mother in her, now and always.

But ever so often, there is this love that grows in my heart when I come across someone in my path proving me right in keeping my hopes alive! It is the kind of love that can last a lifetime or a short while, but like the other kinds of love it is important for my heart.

Still I hold inside for now this love that slowly grows, and if I could speak it out, I'd tell you that I love you, that I hold you dear, that I love your kindness and your ways. That I love your smile and the way you look at me, that I love your hands, that I love your heart.

We all get hurt at some time or another with the love that comes and the love that goes, but to me those have to happen in our story so that we may recognize when a good love - a great love, comes along. How else would recognize the right person?

I choose not to be afraid of getting hurt - even though I know that it might happen, or not at any point, but still I choose to live, and to do so I need to love.
I'd tell you also not to ask so much "what is?", running the risk of missing out on such an honorable feeling that feeds our being. Allow yourself still, a little bit more.

There is so much more love in me that I could describe, but instead I rather just say - I love everyone and everything, I love sincerely within my many "levels of love", I've chosen love without questioning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment